Hello everybody! Time for food post and it’s good ol’ cookies. Chocolate cashew cookies! It’s got chocolate and who doesn’t want that? Added with the crunch of cashews I’m hoping it will make you smile. Pair it with some tea and milk or hot chocolate and everything feels better even for just a moment.
I’m also a little excited about this because it’s the first time I sliced dough to make cookies. You’ve got the most usual cookie making way and that is scooping the batter into ball-ish shapes. Then there’s the piping method–which I think is so cute . I’ve done both (haven’t blogged about the latter because my piping skills are a C+) and now I’m doing the slicey way. Yay! (Aw I forgot about another way where you roll the dough and cut out shapes–I should do that more often.)
Then they’re baked!
I love cashews, I kept eating them while I was making these and had to remind myself to leave some for the cookies.
Go on, make them :)
Chocolate Cashew Cookies from Cherry On a Cake
1 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
Cashews, chopped (depends on how much you want, at least 1/4 cup–I added way more hehe)
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in a bowl. Rub butter into this mixture until it resembles fine breadcrumbs (you can use your fingers or a pastry cutter).
- Add sugar and as much cashews as you want (leave some cashews to roll your cookie dough log in later)
- Bring the dough together with your hands pressing gently until the dough is firm enough to roll into a ball.
- Roll the dough in cylinders/logs in sizer you prefer. Roll the logs on the remaining chopped cashews to coat them.
- Chill in the refrigerator until firm.
- When they’re firm enough slice the logs into thin rounds.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190 degrees Celsius for 10-12 minutes.